There are five pearls of wisdom to remember when writing or updating your CV.
- Try to keep your CV no more than four pages long.
- A well laid out CV is easy to read and comprehend. Choose a structured format.
- Use bullet points. Short, concise points are clean and informative.
- Check your spelling, grammar and punctuation and dates of employment.
- Ensure your referee details are correct and that they are informed about being contacted.
Your CV is your most important document and you must make sure that besides the above five pearls of wisdom that you:
- do not write long-drawn-out sentences and remarks about yourself,
never lie about anything in your CV; you will be found out,
- make sure all academic claims can be backed up,
- ensure every position or job you have had appears on the CV,
- ensure your personal details are correct,
- make you CV interesting and easy to read,
Always bring another copy of your CV to every interview you attend, even if you have emailed it and make sure all copies are identical.
If you find it difficult to write your CV talk to a Repforce Plus consultant who can help you in preparing a CV that would be interesting, to the point and easy to read.